Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Depressed I can't do anything right.

User Profile
I hate myself so much. I can't do anything right. I am 26 and I get ssi because I can't get hired at a job. I barely make it by and have fugged up bones and arthritis. I have buck teeth I am chubby and eat when I am depressed. I have a lot of people who like me, and I am so shallow I wont date them because I want someone gorgeous in my eyes inside and out. I have a lot of friends, but 75% of them don't talk to me unless I strike the conversation first. I fail at killing myself. I don't want to die until after my father anyways I guess. I drink to much and do stupid things. I don't want to go to NA or AA because I feel embarrassed. I have a vile-I don't give a darn attitude- and I am vulgar and most things don't disturb me. I need a friend.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile JamesEdward
|

User Profile
replied May 31st, 2012
Why the F N HECK isn't anyone commenting !?!?!?!
|

User Profile
replied May 31st, 2012
hey u sound like u need a friend, alot of what u said made sense to me, i thought i was depressed and hated myself so drank to dull the pain, ive since gotten in contact with AA and its changed my life. it helps with so much of the crap in ure head, and if u dont want to go coz ure embarresed, join the club!!!!! its humiliating to admit u have a problem but theres lots of ppl there who will make u feel safe and not so silly coz they have been where u r, done the things u have and had the thoughts u have.
i can tell u one thing for sure, life is a gift get sum help so u can see that too, and everything will b ok in the end, if its not ok...its not the end.

hope sumthing in there has helped u a little, if u need to talk msg me.
Smile
|

User Profile
replied May 31st, 2012
Thanks, I guess I could give AA a chance, I just think I will do it outside of this town and feel better about it.
|

User Profile
replied May 31st, 2012
it can only make things better, if u dnt like it u can jst walk away Smile do watever u have to do, baby steps r still steps. i try to go to 3 or 4 meetings a week and its so good to talk to ppl who felt like i did, lost alone and depreseed, and now we all laugh at how silly the thoughts in our head were. there is an amazing life out there if u want it and plenty of ppl to help u get there. good luck let me know how u go Smile
|

replied May 31st, 2012
i FEEL REALLY REALLY BAD NOT SCARED OF DIEING
|

User Profile
replied May 31st, 2012
Don't die :[ You have so much life ahead of you.
|

User Profile
replied June 1st, 2012
It can only make things better, if u dnt like it u can jst walk away Smile do watever u have to do, baby steps r still steps. i try to go to 3 or 4 meetings a week and its so good to talk to ppl who felt like i did, lost alone and depreseed.
|

User Profile
replied June 1st, 2012
Thanks everyone. I still don't like people, but I guess I can tolerate them.
|

User Profile
replied June 1st, 2012
Hey there.
Wow so many things sounded like me. If you ever need a friend I will be there. You can get my email if you like if you want to inbox me ever. It's so much easier to avoid people and social situations out of embarrasment. I'm the same but havent figured out how to get out of the same rut.
Hope you are okay x
|

replied December 31st, 2012
emily
hey I lost my dad 6 monthes ago and it was strange because my dad was always healthy and my mum was disabled but now my dad has gone my mum has took bad again im so scared of loosing her im only 17 can anyone help me im so depressed and I feel alone
|

replied December 31st, 2012
emily
hey I lost my dad 6 monthes ago and it was strange because my dad was always healthy and my mum was disabled but now my dad has gone my mum has took bad again im so scared of loosing her im only 17 can anyone help me im so depressed and I feel alone
|

replied February 22nd, 2013
to Emily.
I know this is hard on you. But you are 17, you have so much to look forward to. College, jobs, marriage and yes children. To me my children is my life, even though they are grown. and I am soon to be an grandma. Yes, your mama is going though alot to. But you can be there for her. This is when she need you the most. Don't gave up. Be strong, for her and yourself. Things will get better with time and patience. I will pray for you and your mother. God speed.
|

User Profile
replied October 18th, 2013
depression
i cant do anything right tried to kill myself by od and other stuff never worked cant find a job 30 live on my friends couch no bf nothing so lonely and sick of everything
|

replied March 31st, 2014
whats wrong with me?
i am 14. i don't fit in anywhere. what am i doing wrong? why won't people stop judging me before they know me? why won't the pain of their hurtful words ever go away? is death my only escape? why can't my family see that i'm hurting? why won't anyone love me? am i too ugly, fat, annoying, or am i just unable to be loved?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....