User Profile
I've had this red splotchy cheek lining for a month now and and small blister like bumps one in lower cheek and 2 just inside the lip. Completely painless, but can feel with tongue also red patch feels different than rest of mouth and tastes metallic. Sores also under tongue. I've seen the dentist , he brushed me off said it's all normal mouth tissue, and doctor said she thought it was viral and canker sores. I've had canker sores this is not it, and it's been a month and my mouth is no different...really worried that it's oral cancer and that I'm being looked over because I'm 25. Please help I'm sick to my stomach I'm so worried. Thank you

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion
|

User Profile
replied October 7th, 2014
Dental Health Answer A49499
Hello,

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out.

Your concern is regarding the blisters inside the mouth. Although canker sores are one of the causes of mouth sores, other causes should also be ruled out. One of them is viral infection like hands, foot and mouth disease. Symptoms of fever, poor appetite and sore throat can appear three to five days after exposure. A blister-like rash on the hands, feet and in the mouth usually develops one to two days after the initial symptoms.

Other than that it can be due to cold sores, autoimmune disorders or medicines like aspirin, beta-blockers, sulfa drugs or phenytoin. Oral cancer is a possibility but it usually does not present with multiple blister like sores inside mouth.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Dental Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.