Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Dent in forehead and headaches

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
User Profile
I have a dent in my forhead about 2.5 inches long (eyebrow to eyebrow)and about 1/2 inch wide that I noticed close to a year ago right in the middle of my forehead, it has gradually gotten bigger, now I've notice over the past 3-4 months another indentation above my right eyebrow, actual it's my like a series of 2 indentations. I have frequent headaches, from constant dull pain, to sharp localized pain every day. Lately it's been getting I notice when I sing (I'm in a choir) the I experience pain. Feels like a pressure type of pain in the dent regions. I hope this is just sinuses, as I've had bad sinuses all my life, the part that worries me are the dents (indentations) in my forehead and eyebrow, and the fact they seem to be getting larger, and the pain getting worse as they do. Any ideas?

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion

User Profile
replied February 14th, 2010
Headache and Migraines Answer A10017
Hi, and thanks for your medical question on eHealth forum!

An indentation can develop on the forehead in case of mucocele of paranasal sinuses or scleroderma. Indents or furrows can also develop due to wrinkles. Also when the brows sag, this causes indents on the forehead.

It is difficult to pinpoint the cause on net. Since a confirmed diagnosis cannot be given on net please discuss these possibilities with your PCP once. You may need to further consult an ENT specialist or a skin specialist or a cosmetologist. Hope this helps. Take care!

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Headache and Migraines , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.