Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Delayed menstration after losing virginity (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
I'm 17 and i lost my virginity on august 24. My last period lasted from the 9th to the 13th. Since i've lost my virginity I've had sex with my bf 6 times and i've used protection every time. he only came twice and when he did he still pulled out even though he had a condom on. I even saw the cum in the condom. Still, today is the 17th of september and at the moment i am 10 days late for my period. I took two pregnancy test on the 15th and they both came out negative. Is there a chance that my period is being delayed because I just lost my virginity? That is what my friends have been telling me so I am wondering if that is possible. Please help me!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper saber50
|

replied September 24th, 2009
Yes, its true. After losing your virginity a number of factors give most young females irregular periods. Top among them is hysteria. You believe and worry so heavily that you are pregnant and stress so much about it, that it makes your body act as if it were, thus delaying your regular period. Also, losing your virginity usually affects your hormones and you may suddenly realize your breasts have grown a bit, which doesn't usually happen until the 8th week of pregnancy, not the 3rd or 4th day. So don't stress about it. The fact that your stressing is most likely above all else the very reason you HAVEN'T had your period. It can only be delayed so long and you'll have it sooner or later. Also the fact that he withdrew even though he was wearing a condom makes your odds of being pregnant so slim to none that its almost impossible. And 2 false negatives are basically unheard of. Your fine. Relax and you'll be on your way in no time.
|
Users who thank saber50 for this post: MissCurious  rtistique 

replied September 30th, 2009
A friend of mine experienced irregular periods after losing hers. I don't think you should sweat it.
|
Users who thank trollydolly for this post: MissCurious 

replied March 17th, 2011
me and my girlfriend recently lost our virginities to eachother around 4 weeks ago and shes worried shes pregnant, it was unprotected and i didnt cum, but i know pre cum is sometimes involved and its stressing us both out terribly, i am probably going to go buy pregnancy tests for her to see if she is or not and i just want to know if theres any advice to help us calm down and maby what the chances of her being preggnant are im pretty sure it didint last for more than a mnute but i cud be wrong please help and btw she sais that her period is late because shes around new girls and she recently joined the softball team a few months ago and shes been saying shes really tired and hungry and is saying shes gaining weight heelp
|

replied January 21st, 2013
hello..I am facing exactly the same problem... Can you tell me what happened in your case? It will help me to calm down...
|

replied January 21st, 2013
hello..I am facing exactly the same problem... Can you tell me what happened in your case? It will help me to calm down...
|

replied August 16th, 2011
hi i am 26 years old and i just lost my virginity with my fiance i got my period on the 10th of july and i lost my virginity on the 23rd but it didnt last more then 2 minutes without using a protection because it was very painful and i bled a bit after a week we had intercourse without ejaculation first it hurt me then i didnt feel pain and i had a very tiny spot after going to the bathroom in the morning now my period is delayed for 6 days but i have cramps and my breast sore i did the pregnancy test on the 13th of august after 3 days of delay and it was negative i'm worried to be pregnant i need your advice please. just a notice i have habitus ovarian microcyst . regards
|

replied February 14th, 2012
Missed period after losing virginity using protection
I'm having the same problem. I had my period on the 24th, it finished on the 28th/29th December. I lost my virginity on the 30th and had intercourse two times after in the next three days. My cycle has always been all over the place and i've missed periods before but i've never had to worry about being pregnant before. Here's the thing. We used protection every time. I took a home test when my period was roughly 6 days late and it turned out negative. My period didn't turn up still, after another week, so I tried another test and still, the results were negative. Here I am, on the 14th of Feb still short of my period that was due at the end of January.

I know I have been stressing, but I don't know if I've been stressing myself out and making myself physically ill and sore (which has happened before) or if I am actually showing signs of early pregnancy.
My oldest sister (who has had over 7 pregnancies [3 successful]) thinks i'm stressing myself out over nothing. What do you think?

HELP!!! PLEASE!?!
|

User Profile
replied February 14th, 2012
Community Volunteer
I agree with your sister.
|

replied February 15th, 2012
Me too. Haha.
I just got my period today.
I don't think I have been so grateful to have such intense cramps. Haha. But I start the pill as of today so bring on the regularity! Hahhaha. (:
Thanks for your thoughts though. (:
|

replied June 20th, 2012
I lost my virginity (with condom) a week ago and my period was supposed to come on the around now and still nothing. I'm super scared because I'm not ready for a child. I love babies just am not ready to take that responsibility. PLEASE HELP I also have a really bad itch in the are between my anus and vagina. Is that normal??? Someone please help me. I'm only 15 and I know it was wrong but I wasn't thinking :/
|

User Profile
replied June 21st, 2012
Community Volunteer
If the condom did not break, there is no real chance of getting pregnant. But you do sound worried. Worrying can delay your period.

Did you take a mirror and looked at your perineum (the area itching). Maybe there is a small tear? Or you have a yeast infection? Do you have any strange discharge?

Remember to pat yourself dry when you are wet, like after swimming, peeing, bathing. And sleep without panties if it is safe to do so, to keep yourself dry. Wear full crotch cotton panties, and only wash with clean lukewarm water and your fingers. No soap in your vulva.

Take care!
|

replied July 24th, 2015
Extremely eHealthy
clean the tub real good and rinse it...........put some warm water and 1/2 cup baking soda and soak.....no soap.................then shower off......do this for 5 to 7 days...............no better see the doctor......might be a yeast infection.
|

replied June 21st, 2012
I have noticed I have noticed I've been having vaginal discharge but the itching has gone done and now only burns when is touched other then that it feels normal but there is still no sign of my period and it's supposed to have been here today or befor and Im worried.
|

User Profile
replied June 21st, 2012
Community Volunteer
It is way too early to be worried. And you used a condom.

Relax and keep yourself busy with other things to take your mind off this. Stressing, worrying and panicking will delay your period.
|

replied June 21st, 2012
Thank you Smile
|

replied August 14th, 2012
My gf and I had sex on August 2. I used protection and I cummed but I believe I cummed in the condom. she also took the plan b pill. But she still hasnt gotten her period. It's around 10 days today is August 14 .. It's been 12 days. please help me out. What might be the chance of her being pregnant. we used protection and she took the plan b pill
|

User Profile
replied August 14th, 2012
Community Volunteer
Unless you got your semen inside her vagina, zero.
|

replied November 15th, 2012
I had my periods from 30th oct till 5th nov... And i lost my virginity on 7th nov.. I had bleeding till 8th...also took i-pill on 8th and since then till today, that is 14th nov, i have been bleeding irregularly,like for two days in between it did not bleed, then again it started bleeding. Is it normal? We although had protected sex using condoms, and when without it, he did not ejaculate inside my vagina... Also i have been feeling like i'll vomit since the last few hours, and after every 20mins, i need to pee.. I hope am not pregnent???? Even i have been feeling too hungry than before... Please help me,, is it all fine with me??
|

replied November 15th, 2012
I lost my virginity about a month ago, I'm not on the pill and we didn't use protection (stupid I know) he did pull out. Anyway about a week later I had some spotting for a couple of days, literally a couple of spots then nothing until the next day, then another couple of spots. I had absolutely no cramping during the spotting and usually I get really bad cramps the first day of my period and feel sick towards the end of it but I had none of that, it was nothing like my usual period and I've NEVER had spotting. I haven't had any bleeding since but I've had quite a bit of light to mild cramping that doesn't last long, sore nipples, swollen breasts. It feels like I'm about to come on my period but it hasn't showed. Usually I get warning signs a couple of days before my period but I've had these warning signs for the last two weeks.
I took a test about two weeks ago and it was negative so I thought that was that but I don't know, nothing has been 'normal' since having sex, I think I've actually lost my mind haha. My temp has been elevated for the last couple of weeks too. I don't know what to think anymore and I'm too scared to test in case I get another negative. If I am pregnant it wasn't planned but I would be happy about it.
I'm worried that if it's not pregnancy that maybe something is horribly wrong.
|

replied October 16th, 2017
mutually worried
hi Im in the same situation with my girlfriend and she's having the same situation and I'm wondering how it went for you
|

User Profile
replied January 22nd, 2013
I'm sort of having my period just like it's not as much blood, like barely any.. Is that normal? I lost my virginity last week and I'm on my normal schedule, just barely any.
|

replied March 26th, 2013
Hiya, i recently lost my virginity and about 6 days ago when we were having sex the condom broke, but we stopped straight away and we had only been having sex for about 5 minutes. I have one of those tracking apps on my phone and it said i was supposed to come on yesterday, im usually a little irregular but ive had like next to no cramps at all. But i've also had pms and stuff. i havent been worried at all but today when i woke up and found i still wasnt on ive been thinking about it all day and felt really sick. I keep looking online and everytime i see something and they say i could be pregnant i feel like 10 times worse. I'm really like anxious to come on and i really dont know what to do.
|

replied May 23rd, 2013
missed period
I lost my virginity 3 weeks ago in unprotected sex.he pulled out but I have been experiencing some of the early symptoms including my period being almost a week late but got a negative on a home pregnancy test today.what should I do?
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2013
I lost my virginity a week ago to my boyfriend of nine months. We had sex twice, once with a condom and once without, just to see how it would feel. So the second time he didn't finish. I am on birth control but i'm pretty worried about that second sex. My period was supposed to start three days ago and it hasn't yet. I usully feel it coming the day before or day of my period (cramps). But i don't feel that at all. I was terribly worried until someone told me that your period may be delayed after having sex for the first time because.. something about climaxing and hormones. I'm not sure if this is true but when i thought about it I began to worry again because I have climaxed from "manual" sex (fingering) but not quite from sex itself. So how would my hormones be messing everything up? I see other comments saying that stress and worry about being pregnant can delay it, but i'm still not sure. also, i was afraid he had gotten his semen inside of me because he didnt pee after the first sex and his, er, pre ejaculate might contain some of the earlier stuff. i don't know.. i'm going to call my doctor tomorrow anyway.
Oh, I should mention that since being on birth control my periods have been completely regular (until now).
|

replied October 11th, 2013
Recently lost virginity and a little worried...pregnant?
My last period, which was early, ended on September 19. My boyfriend and I lost our virginities (protected) on septemeber 21. I'm pretty sure the condom didn't break, but I had a light period that started on October 4 and ended October 8. I've been reaserching symptoms of pregnancy, but I have heard that losing your virginity can cause irregular periods. I've been on the pill (Lo loestrin Fe) for around a year if not longer. I took two PTs and they came out negative, but I'm not expecting my period until the 19th. I don't know, am I just worrying too much?
|

replied October 21st, 2013
worries
My girlfriend and I had unprotected sex on a Friday, I did not ejaculate, I did NOT ejaculate, yet I'm worried about pre ejaculation, while we were having sex I asked her when her period is due, she said tmr I'm like what ! She was a virgin, the sex did not last for more than 5 minutes though, is it possible that the sex and the changes in her hormones has delayed her period, its Monday now, still no period, 2 days over do ... any advice ?
|

replied October 23rd, 2013
Period after losing virginity
I recently lost my virginity to my boyfriend on the 18th. I normally start my period between the 20th-23rd. I haven't started yet. He had a condom on and it did not break. How long should I wait till I start worrying that I might be pregnant? Any advice? I'm worrying myself and my bf crazy at the fact that I may be pregnant. Could the sex and the change in my hormones delay my period? By the way i'm 18 and my bf is 21.
|

replied December 6th, 2013
It is true. Your period can delay after you've lost your virginity. November 16th of this year I lost my virginity. I was supposed to START my period any time between nov. 21-28. I was scared out of my MIND i was pregnant because i didnt start around the 21-23rd like i normally do. I have my period around every 3 weeks and it lasts 5 days. On the 27th i took a pregnancy test because i was making myself sick worrying about if i were pregnant or not. it came out negative. i ended up starting my period on the 30th. but i was only spotting here and there. i spotted the same amount and maybe a little more the next 2 days and is gradually becoming heavier to my normal period flow. (which normally for me when i start it stays heavy and then gets lighter til i'm done.) today is day 5 on my period and i'm still kinda heavy. so this will probably last for 7 days. its really weird. but i dont even care because i'm not pregnant! woo hoo! but ALL IN ALL, dont listen to other comments that say its not true because it IS, and i am proof of it!
|