Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

Deja vu with lightheadedness

I'm almost 18 years old and for about half of my life, I've experienced some interesting forms of deja vu.

Deja vu is not a regular occurence for me, but whenever I experience it I feel very light headed and like I'm going to faint, my vision goes hazy and black (I can still see though, just not clearly), and I often have to hold myself up on something or sit or lie down and feel the need to have to squeeze my eyes tight, although it doesn't really help. All of this happens at the same time and usually lasts about a minute each time.
It's been so bad sometimes that I've almost fainted in the tram, and one time I threw up in the car and missed a day of school. I asked my psychology teacher about it and she's never heard of anything like that before. She thought that maybe I was just very aware of my surroundings, which I true, I am very aware of everything around me and things like that.

The situations that I experience this in are never situations that I've experienced in any particular way, like bad experiences or anything. They're just experiences that I've previously had, but sometimes they can be things I've dreampt about too.

Could there be something wrong with my brain, or is it just me thinking too much about the situation?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 23rd, 2010
Warning, my answer is not medical.

I think that it could very well be precognition if it is sometimes things you've dreamt about before. Often people with precognitive dreams get deja vu very often, and are more perceptive of their surroundings as well.

I'm sorry if this wasn't what you're looking for, but from what you described it seemed like a possibility.

If you feel as if there could be some truth to what I'm saying, feel free to contact me Smile
|

replied June 23rd, 2010
Deja Vu: Seizure activity?
This sounds like a temporal lobe type of seizure. I had the same thing you described, went in to a neurologist, and found out they were seizures. Be careful, because after getting them a lot, I ended up having a grand mal seizure. However, now I have not had any problems for 21 years.

Please go to a neurologist!
|
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....