I've seen several posts about this similar to mine but not exactly, so I figured I'd ask myself.

Every so often, it ranges from maybe once a week to once a day, I get very intense feelings of deja vu, I guess you would describe it. However, usually how it starts is that something happens, I get a feeling of deja vu from it, and then an entire scene plays in my head that is completely separate from what is actually going on. It's not as if I hear people talking or see them, I kind of just have a strange notion of something going on. It's hard to describe.

It's never unpleasant, in fact I used to try and pull myself out of it however usually when I do so, I'm filled with a very pleasant and happy feeling and try to stay in it for longer to see where it's going.

Afterwards, I get terrible headaches and sometimes nauseous, as well as just a general feeling of being "out of it."

When they happen when I'm around someone I'm comfortable with, I usually just sit down for a minute. When they happen in class where I can't really tell anyone, I need to get up and walk around a bit.

I do consider myself someone who has slight anxiety problems but this actually doesn't really worry me much. It only worries me that it'll happen when I'm driving or something. I don't dread these occurrences. The only times it really bothers me is when I'm getting them several times a day, but I don't mind the occasional flashback.

This has been happening with varying frequency for about a year and a half.

However I'm just concerned that there might be something wrong with my brain or something because it is definitely a feeling more intense than an average deja vu.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 16th, 2009
Community Volunteer
What you are experiencing is not deja vu.

It sounds as if you are in a extreme case of daydreaming.

It would probably be best if you seek the professional advise of a neurologist.
|

replied April 21st, 2009
SAME problem, very nervous
Hi,

I posted something similar, but from reading yours, I find we are experiencing the same. Please read my post "dream flashbacks". If it is the same, we should keep eachother updated about things we find out.
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...