User Profile
I was looking through the catagory's and I didn't find anything specific on Degenerative Disk Disorder, in which I suffer from in my neck, creeping down towards my back. I go to pain management clinic for this, but was curious what others are doing and how they compare to mine. For example I am in a lot of pain by the end of the day, and my meds do not even work by then, unless I lay down, then I can't sleep at night! I am perscribed to soma's and percocets that do not work by the evening. So I just live in pain mostly. I do not want, nor do my doctors, to keep increasing the strength of of the narcotics. I also am perscribed to ibuprophen that does help towards the evening. At any rates, where could I find more information on this topic, which is specific to my neck?
Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 27th, 2009
There is a stimulator that you can get. It does something like trick your brain into thinking its not in pain. It works for some people. I think you have to be in a pain program to get it. Boston Scientific makes one
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....