Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Deep & intense thoughts of suicide but i could never...

I've been suffering depression for a few years now. 3 things are on my mind 24/7. 1. I don't care about me or my life. 2. Deep & intense sexual thoughts. 3. Deep & intense thoughts of suicide, but I know in my heart that I could never take action. I've had these thoughts since I was age 10.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 19th, 2015
Goodness,I'm sorry you are having such difficulties. Obviously you need good Psychiatric care-are you seeing someone? If so, are they aware of these thoughts?
When someone is having suicidal thoughts it is considered a medical emergency so you need to schedule with a competent Psychiatrist who can get you on the medications you need.
Again,you may say "you would never" and I believe you but sometimes people who are suicidal are "too depressed to do it" so again, please seek medical help as soon as possible.
There are medications and counseling techniques that will help you.I know you feel hopeless but many people in your situation are helped all the time. Please get help.

While you are waiting for your appointment, there are "hot lines" for those in your situation and you can call anytime. Let me look one up for you now. OK 1-800-273-8255 is a 24 hour hotline which is the National Suicide Prevention HOTLINE-24-7. Call them immediately if you have these feelings and schedule immediately which a mental health professional,OK???
Deep breath!
Very very best wishes to you,
Dr.Kim

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.