User Profile
Hello... im a lil worried because my boyfriend made a pretty deep cut inside of my vigina and my doc cant c me til a wk from now is there anything i can do while i wait so it wont get infected or something.!?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 23rd, 2010
Womens Conditions Answer A13463
Welcome to the forum. I am really glad to help you out.

Vaginal lacerations/injuries can vary a lot in their severity. The repair depends on the extent of the damage to the vagina or the bleeding from the injury.

If there’s minimal or no bleeding, then of course, the worry is much less. However, if there’s marked bleeding, then consulting a gynecologist becomes an emergency.

Local application of some antiseptic like savlon or betadine is enough. It ensures in preventing the development of any infections.

You don’t need to take any antibiotics for the same. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Womens Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.