Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

decided to switch to diane35 missed my period?

User Profile
I decided to switch to diane35, and started it right after my last active pill ( Trust Pills), but i missed my period which i expect should be having 4days after my last active pill (Trust Pills)... What could possibly happened?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 14th, 2011
Supporter
Weren't you supposed to use the inactive pills of the Diane35 after taking the last active pill from your last Trust Pills pack? Your period should not begin until you have a week off the pill or take the inactive pills (depending on whether or not you have a 21 day pill pack or 28 day pill pack.)
|

replied April 15th, 2011
I'm not sure about Diane 35 you might be right now I think about it I'm not sure if it's legal in the states or not, but I think there are similar types (they have in them cyproterone acetate so you could look up what other pills have them), I have heard of Dianette, and the one you were put on before Ortho Try Cyclin is also used to treat acne.
|

replied April 20th, 2011
I've been on Diane-35, it works very well, and yes it's also used to treat acne. I only switched because I needed a cheaper one.

Did you take the sugar pills? If not then wait until you go onto those, the white/inactive pills, because you will not get your period until you stop taking the active pills...

If you did take the sugar/white/inactive pills for their course and still missed your period, that could be due to a few different reasons that are not necessarily pregnancy, such as stress, some changes in your body, or simply changing the pill.
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...