Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > Recovery & Post-Op Forum

debilitating migraines and pain at epidural location.

I had an epidural three months ago. a couple of days later, i received a blood patch. My headaches never went away (although the severity of them is not as bad most of the time) and prior to receiving the epidural/giving birth i never had a problem with headaches. Now, 3 months later, I have frequent headaches and some of them are just down right DEBILITATING migranes! I literally lay in bed for days on end from the pain. It helps to lie down sometimes but not always. My back hurts ALWAYS! its not excrutiating but it gets pretty bad. I talked to my anasthesiologist who conducted my wet tap and he said that none of the symptoms that i am experiencing are from the epidural(...I feel as if the hospital has not taken ownership!) I don't know why I am experiencing migranes to such a degree or why i am having back pain at the site of the epidural if it is not in fact b/c of the epidural. Please, help, sincerely!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 22nd, 2012
Green Sticks Medical Marijuana Saved Me
I went through something very similar. I was given 2 epidural and the second of the spinal block never worked. So I would have been better off with out the epidural all together. I went home and the next day had the worst headache ever. It was a migraine that put me in the bathroom throwing up and sleeping on the floor. I tried all the OTC meds...NOTHING worked.
Then I went down the natural path and tried chiropractic visits. This did seem to help and generally dull the pain.
The receptionist one day pulled me aside and asked how I felt about medical marijuana? I was a little shocked, but kept an open mind and said I will try anything to get back to being myself. She hand me what looked like an electronic cigarette. It said green sticks on it. I took a puff and didn't feel anything. She said to keep puffing, I did and it was like something clicked. I felt the pain dissipate. I asked her if I could buy it off her and she said she really shouldn't because you need to be a patient for it to be legal. I convinced her to let me borrow it for a week until my next appointment. It really helped me! I used it anytime I felt a tinge coming back and it worked! I truly believe that damn epidural did some damage to my nerves and now I use the Green Stick to keep them from getting aggravated. I am just glad I can get back to my main focus, by baby!
|

replied May 22nd, 2012
I went through something very similar. I was given 2 epidural and the second of the spinal block never worked. So I would have been better off with out the epidural all together. I went home and the next day had the worst headache ever. It was a migraine that put me in the bathroom throwing up and sleeping on the floor. I tried all the OTC meds...NOTHING worked.
Then I went down the natural path and tried chiropractic visits. This did seem to help and generally dull the pain.
The receptionist one day pulled me aside and asked how I felt about medical marijuana? I was a little shocked, but kept an open mind and said I will try anything to get back to being myself. She hand me what looked like an electronic cigarette. It said green sticks on it. I took a puff and didn't feel anything. She said to keep puffing, I did and it was like something clicked. I felt the pain dissipate. I asked her if I could buy it off her and she said she really shouldn't because you need to be a patient for it to be legal. I convinced her to let me borrow it for a week until my next appointment. It really helped me! I used it anytime I felt a tinge coming back and it worked! I truly believe that damn epidural did some damage to my nerves and now I use the Green Stick to keep them from getting aggravated. I am just glad I can get back to my main focus, by baby!
|
Must Read
Intense pain, sensitivity to light and nausea. All signs of a migraine. But what is a migraine headache? And what can trigger it? Migraine basics here....
Migraine symptoms are easy to recognize. But what signs precede a migraine? And which symptoms are present during different types of migraines? Read more here....
What types of doctors diagnose migraines? And what tests do they use? Learn how to understand migraine symptoms and put them in perspective here....