Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

dealing with muscle twitches and buzzing sensations

I'd like to tell my struggle with a vibration/buzzing sensation I have been having on the sides of my head only while laying down. I have found it helpful reading about other people having the same problem. It started in February (2.5 months ago), while laying on my right side i felt as if my pulse started going crazy on the side of my head, as it got worse, my health anxiety got a hold of it and went crazy. I could tell it wasnt my pulse, but a very small muscle twitch. At the same time I was having a lot of buzzing and twitching sensations in my feet and legs. Some you could see some you couldn't. thoughts of having Parkinson, ALS, afib and other diseases quickly consumed me. Soon I felt like my whole body was shaking all the time. I was overly sensitive to even my heart beat. I went and got Valium to help with the sleep. I took it sparingly because I don't want to become dependent on it. Then I started on celexa, I have had it before and I don't like the side effects. it might have been the meds but I felt even more weak and shaky especially after small workout. the vibrations at night varied depending on my stress level at the time. I got off the celexa after about a month. and felt pretty good for awhile, good enough to where a couple mornings I woke up with no vibration or twitching. This helped me realize that it was just my stress and worry. now I feel pretty good during the day, but closer to bed time I get anxious and I still struggle to fall asleep. lately I have been having more trouble with "hypnic jerks" just as I am falling asleep. More so than the buzzing on my head. I am thinking of trying a different ssri, but I would really like to fix the real problem. I have to re-wire my brain to not be stressed about going to sleep.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 30th, 2015
It seems I have had an episode almost every year around this time. I'm sure I suffer from SAD. I have had preventcrical contractions (heat skips a beat), the lump in the throat due to tense neck muscles and esophageal spasms, And eye twitch that lasted for 3 months, body aches, and head pain that always means a brain tumor. when I list it, it sounds so ridiculous. So why does my brain allow this?
|

User Profile
replied July 16th, 2019
Hello and welcome to EHF !

I went through your query and i understand your concern.Its normal to have throbbing sensation while lying on one side due to pulsating arteries in temples. There is nothing to worry about and it needs nothing to do. Just take some anxiolytics and no worries.

Take care
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.