Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Brain and Head Injuries Forum

2-3 days later and I'm still experiencing major headaches?

User Profile
I was walking through my brothers house and I literally walked into the celling fan without paying attention. It was on high and left a pretty good size bump. It's 2-3 days later and I'm still experiencing major headaches. When I cough or sneeze it feels like my heads going to explode... Thanks

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 3rd, 2011
Brain and Head Injuries Answer A21538
Welcome to ehealthforum,
If pain is persistent and not reduced in intensity (within 48 hours) or is getting worse, then you should consider visiting your doctor for examination and appropriate treatment. Look out for signs like presence of nausea, redness in eyes, pressure or ringing in ears, change of intensity of pain with movement or position change, etc.
It is difficult to comment on your condition and symptoms without examining you. Do not delay your visit to your doctor for evaluation and start of treatment.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Brain and Head Injuries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.