Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

5 days late for me period after morning after pill

Girl I need some answer or advice. I took the morning after pill 3 days after I had unprotected sex , on dec 3. Then I took another morning after pill on the 17 after unprotected sex. I am now 5 days late for me period. Does anyone know if I could be pregnant or should I just relax!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 22nd, 2015
Community Volunteer
Yes, you can be pregnant. But it is much more likely to be due to the hormones in the morning after pill.
|

replied December 23rd, 2015
I've been reading some girls wait about a month to get their period. You think I should take a pregnancy test just in case?
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
My advice is normally to wait till 21 days after the sex to take a test. Repeat that test 7 days later to make sure.

If you want to use emergency contraceptives, it is good to understand how they work or fail. Once your egg is fertilized, it cannot do anything to stop pregnancy. Emergency contraceptives are not abortifacients. It does not abort a possible baby. Soooo, if you ovulated between a few hours before the sex, up to about 20 hours after you took it, and his sperm fertilized your egg in that time, there is a chance you can get pregnant. Not a massive chance, but still a chance. So even if they say you can take it up to 72 hours later, it does not destroy an already existent fertilized egg.

Please make another plan to protect yourself.
|

I ovulated the second day of unprotected sex & took the after pill on the third day. So chances are that I am pregnant. Thank you so much for the advice. Appreciate it.
|
Tags: Menstruation
Quick Reply
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...