Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Yeast Infection Forum

1-day treatment followed by heavy discharge, bleeding

User Profile
I get yeast infections often. Not to the point of being unhealthy, but often enough that I know what they are and how to easily treat them. I usually use a Monistat 3-day treatment, and the infection is gone no problem. I treated myself for a yeast infection Tuesday night of August 5th, except this time I used a Monistat 1-day treatment, which worked fine. However, this time the discharge after was very very heavy, and pink, almost like a thick paint, instead of normal white. There was one mistake on my part, and the next night, Wednesday the 6th, I had intercourse with my partner, and later discovered that this is not at all advised. I started bleeding shortly after, fairly heavily, discharging blood, like a menstrual flow. It has now been one week since the bleeding started. I have not used a tampon, as it is not suggested when treating yeast. I also have been taking 3 Azo pills per day, and I should normally start my menstrual cycle this Sunday. What can or should I do to fix this?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 17th, 2014
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A48792
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
If you get recurrent infections, you should consider getting your partner also treated simultaneously to avoid re-infection. Avoid further intercourse. Complete your treatment course. If symptoms persist, consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for examination and to go ahead with getting vaginal swab/smear test done (to confirm/rule out infective causes), etc. Avoid vaginal douching, use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid use of tight fitting clothes. Avoid sweat accumulation in the area and keep the area clean and dry. Rinse undergarments well and use antiseptic solution for the last rinse. If infective cause is detected, and if you are sexually active, get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection, and avoid having intercourse while being on treatment. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Yeast Infection , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.