Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Allergies Forum

Daughter has major chemical sensitivities

Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....
My daughter has always been sick. She has had issues with dairy, soy,all grains and chemicals. We where told that she has Celiac when she was 12. She is 17 now and has gotten to the point to where she can't hardly leave the house due to chemical reactions that she has to the environment. If she is exposed to perfumes, fabric softeners, cleaners, exhaust, etc she becomes very sick. She has even developed at a sensitivity to the prescription allergy medicines the doctor gave her. The strange thing is that she is not allergic to your normal allergens like cats, dogs, pollen etc. we continuously rotate what she eats and uses because she will become sensitive to things after a couple of weeks. Her hands and feet also turn yellow. We have had her to several doctors but so far not much help. When exposed she gets migraines, nausea, rashes on her arms and hands, yellowing of the skin, mostly the feet and hands, a cough like she has something in her throat, flu like symptoms. Any ideas on what to do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 8th, 2017
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Your daughter needs to be tested for allergens she is sensitive and worked up for any underlying cause, allergen immunotherapy, sublingual and subcutaneous therapies can be tried. Consult an allergist and immunologist and let them help.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|

replied August 12th, 2017
Thank you for your reply. She has been to two allergy doctors, both times she was tested for many allergens. She actually tested better then both of her brothers who are in good health. All her normal allergens like pollen, dust, pets came back good.
|

replied October 14th, 2017
Has she been checked for Candida overgrowth. I tested positive a few months ago and chemical sensitivities, allergies and food allergies were some of my symptoms. It can also cause rashes, nail and skin issues.
|
Tags: Allergy, Flu
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Allergies , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.