Medical Questions > Parenting > Grade School Kids Health Forum

daughter can't catch her breath

my 5 year old daughter seems to be struggling to catch her breath and has to yawn to catch it.....I also get this sometimes (usually when I'm anxious about something), could she be stressed, anxious or even copying me??? Doc sounded her chest which was clear and sed there was nothing to suggest that she had any lung problems....please help, it's quite disturbing, thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper birtie221166
|

User Profile
replied January 30th, 2011
Hello and thank you for posting your medical question on E health forum.

In the absence of symptoms like fever, irritability, persistent coughing, feeding problems, disturbed sleep, etc there would probably be no major cause for worry.

Presence of cough, wheezing, chest tightness, inability to speak while symptomatic could be signs of asthma.

Some kids tend to imitate their peers and family members. In such situations communicating with them during such episodes will be essential to know if it is a cause to worry or not.

Since your doctor has evaluated her, and found it to be harmless, you can relax.

If u still have doubts you may seek a second opinion from a Pediatrician for the same condition.

I hope this helps.

|

replied December 3rd, 2012
my kid cant breath and need help what should i do hlep me before its to let pleasedoc
|

replied December 3rd, 2012
is ti a flu or something my mom had it once but i don't know what she did and she cant remember
|

replied December 31st, 2012
Breathing is important and you need to see a doctor asap
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Grade School Kids Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.