Medical Questions > Parenting > Teens Forum

Dating older girl

User Profile
hey, im 15 and my parents wont let me date a 17 year old because they think she is too mature for me (she is older than my older brother lol) they say girls are more mature than guys to begin with so does anyone have some ideas of what a good arguement for this is
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Stolkholms17
|

User Profile
replied June 9th, 2009
Supporter
None--same applies to you as it did for the young girls post..

You are younger and a older female can take advantage and cause you nothing but grief..Wait until you are older and if your preference is to be with a older woman then so be it..Until that time be very cautious talk with your dad..There has got to be girls your age out there just wishing to know a young man..kd
|

replied June 9th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
I wasn't allowed to date until 16 period..no matter what the age of the guy..i plan to reinfornce the same rules with my kids...how are you going to "date" someone when you have no car, and no job...i just dont see the point...plus I feel like the earlier you start dating the more likely you are to engage sexually...and kids these days are very irresponsible about sex..they dont think about STDs and pregnancy..so I would have to say that I agree with your parents..and trying to talk your way out of this decision they've made probably isn't going to work
|

replied June 9th, 2009
Experienced User
My current boyfriend is three years younger than I am: I'm 27 and he's 24. But if we had met back when I was 17 or 18, ew! Creepy. What does a 17-year-old girl doing with a 15-year-old boy?

As you age, the maturity differences aren't as vast (although there are plenty of older people of both sexes who still act like they're 12). You go through so many changes between 15 and 17. Mentally, physically, emotionally. When she turns 18, your parents can have her arrested! I'm sure she's a great girl, but you both need to find someone your own age, if you should be dating now at all--that's your parents' call.
|

replied July 16th, 2009
Heres a simple argument ask your parents how old they are, chances are they're at least 3 years apart with your dad being the older one and that being the case ask them why should there be a double standard for a younger boy dating an older girl chances are they'll counter with the age old argument of we were older when we met and in that case either go with the witty response of "im sorry im wasnt born in the 1800's" or go with "well thats just another double standard you cant say that im not allowed to do it when your doing it right now. Either you two break up now or let me go out with her."
|

replied July 25th, 2009
There is no argument to settle this, your parents are correct at this that girls are more mature thinkers then men and now that the girl is elder than you so dont date her she might take your advantage and you might land up in trouble as your parents are also not on your side so try and find a girl of your age which would be a better option.....

LLearn How to relax and concentrate.
|
Quick Reply