Medical Questions > Relationships > Family Relationships Forum

dating, but the thing is I want to keep it from my parents

User Profile
so I just started dating one of my close guy friends 3 days ago, and I know I'm only 14 and about to start high school on Wednesday, so I shouldn't be worrying about boys right now, but two days before we started dating, he kissed me and I felt bad for not wanting to date him but I kissed him, so I didn't want to make it seem like I'm using him. I'm not that type of person.

but the thing is I want to keep it from my parents since I can't date until I'm 16...so due to that, I'm very stressed out and I'm getting nauseous over it since I want to tell them but the outcome will not be good. so I'm not going to tell them at all

it's safe to say I really love this boy because we both skype every night and we have since the end of June maybe early July. I am starting high school with him too. but since we are both so bus we don't see each other so we Skype.

so basically what I need advice on, is how to overcome my nauseous feeling and constant stress that I am getting from the whole thing. I haven't really been able to eat or sleep much either from it. and I am going to be more active in school so I obviously need a lot of sleep and food in my system at all times to avoid future health problems.

I have tried so many ways to keep my mind occupied. I've watched youtube videos from famous youtuber a because they are so positive and it makes me happy, I talk to my close friend, and I talk to my bf as well. but after I talk to him the stress comes back. I've thought that maybe I'm really doing this too soon and I should just wait. but I don't want to break up with him because I feel like he won't understand where I'm coming from and we won't even be friends afterwards.

I'm just scared of losing him because it'll be more stress for me. and it's my first year in high school i don't want to fail because of it.

idk I'm confused over it all. someone please help ASAP. I see him tomorrow morning at orientation and it's making me stress more

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 26th, 2014
Anxiety and Stress Answer A48915
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern.

I would advise you to explore all the avenues of your life and not let one relationship define you and your health. Having said that I would suggest Meditation and yoga exercise for relaxation , take plenty of water and exercise daily. Please consult a psychologist if you feel you are being over run by your situation.

wishing you best of health

Thanks

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Family Relationships , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.