Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

dark, dead skin accumulation on various parts

User Profile i grew up i was unaware of how to take shower properly..i would just go under the shower put soap on and then wash it off..i was unaware that one must clean the body after washing the soap off.. by clean i mean rub the body parts so there isnt any dead skin accumulation.. as the time passed by i noticed that i have developed dead skin accumulation on various parts of my body including underarms, hips, behind the knees and thighs etc.. all these body parts hace become so dark that i cant rub them too hard to get rid of dead skin because my skin hurts .. its a really big shame. What would my husband think when i get married.. i feeel im the only person in the world who has this. I see everybody there bodies are so clean.. it gives me depression.. can anyone please guide me how do i remove this dead skin without hurting my skin as rubbing the body parts to clean them gives me hard time

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied October 13th, 2015
Womens Conditions Answer A54274
Hi! Thanks for your query on eHealth Forum!

Underarms, back of knees and groin area are usually darker than rest of the body. However, if they are much darker than rest of the body, then you can use whitening creams. The areas could be darker than usual due to dirt. You can clean the areas with surgical spirit (can get at a pharmacy). You can also apply cucumber or tomato juice. Underarm waxing, waxing your legs will also help clean up. Please don’t try groin area. Hope this helps. Take care!

Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Depression
Quick Reply
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.