User Profile
Hello,
I am trying to manage my anxiety, which is why I am asking this question.
My girlfriend and I had unprotected sex the day after her period on March 26th, which would be day 7. According to her ovulation calendar and her own personal knowledge of her body, she did not start to ovulate until last Wednesday April 4th, which would be Day 23 (three days late, but consistent with the last few months).
Ordinarily, I would not be concerned because I did successfully pull out, and I also did not ejaculate for more than 48 hours prior to intercourse (to address the pre-cum issue).
However, she has reported dark brown spotting the last few days, which is causing me to be concerned.
I completely understand that anything is possible and of course the risk of unprotected sex at any time (so respectfully, no need to repeat it to me), but realistically, how worried should I actually be that she could be pregnant? Could it be stress spotting? We work stresful jobs too. thanks ~Allen

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 12th, 2018
Ovulation and Ovaries Answer A63629
Hello.
Welcome to this forum.
Chance is very less,as you also know. Moreover, minimal spotting goes against a possibility of getting pregnant. Yes. stress can be a cause here. But wait for her next cycle to get assured.
Hope I can address your query. Please visit your doctor if there is any further confusion as without a clinical examination it is not possible to opine through an online medical forum.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Tags: Anxiety, Stress
Quick Reply
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Am I Pregnant , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.