Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

dark areas with rough texture on parts of my body

User Profile
Hi I have dark areas on few parts of my body, lower half of my back is really dark compared to my normal colour and It's got this rough texture. I also have around my bum cheeks, back of my knee and front of my neck around the collar bone, what is it can u please help

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 10th, 2012
Skin Answer A40910
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum and thanks for writing

Dark patches on various skin parts can be suggestive of hormonal changes, sun exposure, scarring, eczema, drug effect, liver issues, hereditary effect, aging , dermatitis etc.

Since I am not observing you it is difficult to give an exact diagnosis here but as you do not have any other complaints as pain, burning, itching it seems to be some underlying skin condition. Consider using some home remedies which might help in lightening the skin tone.
1)Rub papaya on the concerned skin parts and leave for half hour.
2)Apply aloe vera juice twice a day for about 45 minutes daily.

You can consider visiting a Dermatologist once for physical examination.

Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.