Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
I have had headaches every morning on waking since October 2007. Most days they ease off to a tolerable level. Some days they last all days and may go on like that for 3 days. Have been on Diazepam, Amytryptaline and Gabapentin (seperatley - not all at once). The latter a month ago after seeing a consultant. They made matters worse, so I am now waiting for the consultant to tell the GP what to do next. I do not get migraine. The headaches usually ease off after food. Co-codamol sometimes help, and often have no effect - even the extra strong presciption ones.

Got a CT scan this week.

Anyone got any thoughts on this?

Is it worth trying Max-Alt?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 27th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Were you prescribed these medications for the headache only or you've been taking them for other problems, too?
Is the intensity of headache getting worse overtime?
Do these headache interfere with your daily life?
Where are they usually located?
Do you feel tenderness on your scalp, neck and shoulder muscles?
|

replied May 31st, 2008
The drugs were all prescribed by my GP (Gabapentin by a consultant) for the headaches only - none worked. The intensity isn't changing over time. Recently it's mainly a case of waking up with a bad headache, then either taking co-codamolo with breakfast, or if I think I'll get away with it not taking them, and it will usually ease off (mostlyu) over a couple of hours. However, if I try and do anything vigourou (e.g. I'm a keen gardener) then it comes on in 10 minutes for the rest of the day - hence my jobs in the garden are getting behind. They are an even pressure over the front third of the head I would say (when on Gabapentin it behind the eyes and worse as I moved the eyes from side to side). No tenderness on scalp but shouldermuscles have been tendew to a hard press for years. MRI scan on Neck and lower spine recently showed excessive wear and tear for age (55).
|

User Profile
replied June 5th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Do you have good quality of sleep or you have insomnia or difficulty sleeping?
Are you stressing too much?
Have you been checked for high blood pressure?
Do you have some other accompanied symptoms?
Have you experienced blurred vision and black-outs?
|

replied June 6th, 2008
I have always had blood pressure on the slightly low side and this is still the case. SLeep is generally good. Very stress free life. No blurred vision no black outs. I don't think there are any other symptoms, though I'm not sure it because of the headaches but I seem to get out of energy working in the garden easier than before (I do about 20-25 hours a week in the garden).
|