Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acid Reflux Forum

Daily nausea and gnawing feeling in chest

I had a endoscopy done in 2009 which determined I had gerd. I was prescribed Prilosec and I took that for a few months. It got my heartburn and nausea under control. That is until December 2011 my nausea came back. I don't get heartburn anymore because I watch what I eat. I now get a gnawing feeling in the chest. Like inside is irritated or something. I get that a few times a week. I have nausea everyday. Some days are worse then others. I also get a hallow or empty feeling across my mid abdominal area. I had another endoscopy done in february and it showed no acid reflux and no ulcers. They also checked me for h. Pylori and that was negative. They then did a ultrasound to check my gallbladder for stones. I have no stones. Today they did a HIDA scan to check the function of the gallbladder. I get those results back Monday. Does this just sound like acid reflux? I'm really concerned as I am down to 94lbs. I hope I can get an answer soon.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 2nd, 2012
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

If you had gerd symptoms once then they can be controllled by means of medications and diet modification but recurrence is common.It seems your symptoms as nausea,chest discomfort are due to reflux disease itself.

Though gall stones can also cause this but it is difficult to comment without investigations results.Wait for the HIDA scan report.

Relax yourself as stress can further worsen the existing symptoms.Kindly visit a Physician for evaluation.

Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Almost everyone experience heartburn or acid indigestion at times. But what is acid reflux and how could it cause more serious problems?...
Can you tell the difference between common heartburn symptoms and signs of more serious digestive problems? Learn when and how to take action for acid reflux....
Heartburn is common, but it is not trivial. It's important to diagnose and treat heartburn or acid reflux as early as possible. Review diagnostic procedure now...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acid Reflux , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.