I have had migraines for years...lately they start early morning bad...every morning and stay all day...know that taking too much meds causes rebound headaches but when you are vomiting because of the pain...I take the meds...but again the next morning right back...so bad they wake me up....HELP!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 23rd, 2012
There is a world class Clinic in Ann Arbor, MI that is devoted to Head Pain. I have been going there for 2 1/2 years now. I did have Chronic Daily Head Pain, a migraine that lasted over 9 months. They have helped me get my life back!
Michigan Head Pain & Neurological Institute.
Contact them. They will help. Good Luck.
|

User Profile
replied May 23rd, 2012
Experienced User
Do you think that maybe your headaches could be allery related? Do you have pressure/pain in your ears? Do your eyes feel dry and irritated? Try taking an over the counter Sinus med or Zyrtec-D and see if that helps...I had headaches for a while and they nearly made me sick...It turned out to be Sinus related.
|

replied May 23rd, 2012
not allergy related...I do get more headaches with pressure change but allergy meds do nothing...but thanks for asking...not sleeping as well....which makes them worse of course..have lots of other health issues that don't help...
|

User Profile
replied May 25th, 2012
Experienced User
The only other thing I can think of that you can try is to see a Chiropractor. If you haven't tried this yet, I think its worth doing. Everyone could use a few adjustments from time to time. I would recommend maybe 3 adjustments a week for the first week and two the next week. If it does not help, then you can atleast rule out a pinched nerve issue. Hope you feel better. If you have other health issues, I have to ask, you didn't by chance have to take steroids for pain or epidural shots did you? If so, let me know...If you have been diagnosed with having CFS or Fibro?
|

replied May 28th, 2012
Thank you for your advice....I do see a chiropractor, physiotherapist, massage therapist...and I go to a pain clinic once a week. My other health issues are:...auto immune disease, fibro, CFS, DDD, pituitary brain tumor and an aneurysm. The doctors can not agree it the tumor is causing the pain or it is just bad migraines...and I worry about too much meds...no have never been on steroids...will never take them...I get nerve blocks in my head neck and shoulders...haven't had to do that for awhile but my doctor thinks it is time to start that course of treatment again to see if we can break the cycle...in the last 60 days I have had only 12 days without a headache...it is the waking up every morning to throbbing pain that I am getting sick of...and the not sleeping...I am on the edge!!!!!
|

replied June 1st, 2012
Maybe tartrazine? You can check it out on wikipedia. It's my trigger. Good luck!
|
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....