Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menopause Forum

daily hot flashes, 62 yo. What can I take?

User Profile
I had a hysterectomy in 2001. I still have my ovaries. I am now getting these hot flashes on a daily basis. Is this normal? Am I going through menopause. I am 62 years old. What can I take to calm this down. I also had dual TKR and have sharp stabbing pains in the knees. I take Gabatin, Norco, Soma and Lunesta so I can sleep at night because of the pains.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 4th, 2012
Hysterectomy Answer A40061
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The symptoms that you describe could be indicative of hormonal imbalances of menopause. Consider discussing your symptoms with your treating doctor/gynecologist and go ahead with further evaluation to look for exact underlying cause. Treatment as indicated (based on examination and investigations results) would be started to help you control your symptoms. If required HRT may be considered to help you control your symptoms. Be in regular follow-up and monitoring as instructed and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is menopause? Peri menopause? How long does menopause last? Get the facts on menopause, "the big change", here. ...
Symptoms of menopause and perimenopause affect women in different ways. What common signs and early symptoms of menopause can alert you of "the change"?...
Consult your doctor as your body makes the perimenopause transition. But how do doctors confirm the beginning of menopause? Learn more here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menopause , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.