good day... i'm worrying about my health today. Last April 2012 i got pregnant. My husband & i were not ready for it so i took 1 cytotec orally & 1 inserted on my vagina 1 month after my last period. There were no signs of miscarriage but a discharged of brown mucous like paste. And that time i was so weak and my taste buds are not okay. Without any knowledge we did not do any follow ups. But after a week spotting starts. So I have decided to see an ob on July. She told me to have a transvaginal UTS. On that month I was shocked when the baby was still there with a good condition inside. 3 months very healthy. My heart cried when I saw him floating inside, alive! So me & my husband decided to continue the pregnancy. But unfortunately @ my 4th month bleeding starts until I got into a premature delivery @ 5th month because of marginal placenta. According to my ob my baby was healthy but i got into premature delivery because the problem is in my placenta. Now this is my problem again. My last menstruation was May 10. Within June I took for a total of 20 cytotec with heavy bleeding. It makes me feel weaker than before & my taste buds are not okay again. Because heavy bleeding occured I thought nothing had left inside. And because the bleeding stopped I decided not to visit an ob. I understand that I'm okay that time. But supposedly I'll got my period this July but weeks of waiting no signs of menstruation. Until i decided to have an ultrasound... Wow I was shocked again the baby is still there floating w/ healthy heart rate... My heart cried again... And i want to continue this but my husband doesn't want to because of my previous experience. But i still want to continue this... Will cytotec affect my baby's development? Any studies about this? I hope that cytotec will not affect the baby... If he will survived.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 23rd, 2013
Community Volunteer
It is actually unethical to study Cytotec on babies, so no, there are no direct research.

Cytotec is however freely available in a number of South American, African and Eastern countries, if not legally, at least on a fairly open black market. So researchers have looked at birth defects in those countries, vs. their neighboring countries.

It seems like Cytotec causes joint problems, typically split pallet/split lip, scull malformation and some limb malformation issues. There are however not a huge increase in this in these countries, but it is signifficant enough to know that it is cased by Cytotec.

In general, you have a much better chance of having a healthy baby than a misformed baby. But you need to tell your doctor about the failed abortion so that the doctor can be aware to look out for these problems.

Take care!
|

replied July 23rd, 2013
thanks kristi... I mean are there any documents of women who used cytotec to abort their baby... But after realizing that their babies are alive refused to do it again and continue their pregnancies. And their babies are now kids with a normal life.
|
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....