Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

cysts squirts serious blood and then clots come out?

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
User Profile
I have been getting these sort of cysts one behind my upper thigh a little beneath the buttock and one in between my right leg inner thigh and these get filled with blood and get pretty big and when they pop they are filled with blood and its a thick coagulated blood.. seriously blood clots come out of them and the blood is so red like if someone just sliced my skin open. its really scary because if i squeeze it it squirts serious blood and then clots come out. what is this? should i be concerned?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 7th, 2012
Skin Answer A40190

Welcome to ehealthforum and thanks for writing

From the symptoms it looks like a sebaceous cyst which is common in the thigh area. Sebaceous cyst is a closed sac or cyst below the surface of the skin that fills with a white, semi-solid material called sebum produced by sebaceous glands of the epidermis. It can become painful if infected.

What exactly is this can be diagnosed only after examination of the area. Till that time you can apply warm compresses and some topical antibiotics like Neosporin. Consider visiting a Physician for evaluation and precise diagnosis.

Take care!

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Tags: skin, between leg
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.