Medical Questions > Womens Health > Endometriosis Forum

Cysts or endometriosis symptoms?

User Profile
Hi

For the past 2-3 weeks I've been having terrible abdominal pain, it started in the right lower abdomen (between hip and navel) and now it's spread all over the lower abdomen. I've also been feverish, nauseated, urinating frequently and constantly tired. I saw a doctor at the beginning and he thought it might have been my appendix but he took a urine sample and 2 blood samples and they came back normal (though something in my blood was high for my ages, he's looking into it).
The pains got worse so he passed me on to another doctor and she thought it could possibly be an ovarian cyst. I was scheduled to have a swab test with her but I got my period the night before my test, 4 days early, which is odd because I've been on the pill for about 3 or 4 years now and it's always been rhythmic. I went anyway and told her I couldn't have the test so I could reschedule.
During my period I didn't feel much, even on the pill I have to take a lot of paracetamol to feel alright. My period finished 2 days ago and now the pain is much worse. I saw my doctor again for the swab test and she says there's no sign of infection. It hurt when she was doing the test and I've been in pain during sex ever since I lost my virginity. She put me on the waiting list for an UltraSound a week ago, still waiting for an appointment.
She said she thinks it could still be a cyst, or possibly endometriosis Sad

Can anyone shed some light on the situation for me? I'm getting rather worried
Thanks

Lucy
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 11th, 2008
I have battled with those pains. I have endometriosis and have had the cysts associated with it. Make sure you go for the ultrasound. Then that way they can see what is going and give you a treatment plan.
|

replied October 20th, 2008
cysts or said to be
i to have had the same symptoms for a year, i've had 2 ultra sounds inside and out and they have come up as cysts. So my doc says... But she sent me to a gyno and the gyno said to get put on birth control pills to help with it. if it doesn't help they want me to go into the hospital and have my stomach blown up so they can stick a camera in me. I think it's more then cysts so now i'm thinking endo also.
|

User Profile
replied June 2nd, 2009
Supporter
hello painful sex and heavy bleeding is associated with endometriosis. another possible symptom is diahorrea, or constipation. Pain is usually more severe at the tail end or few days after menstruation also. More common in women age 25-40 thats all the info i can give you on it at the moment hope it helps.
|

replied June 11th, 2009
Experienced User
I see it's been over a year since you posted this...could you update us and let us know what happened? You could've been describing me with your problems, that's how similar to my symptoms it sounds. Please let me know how things turned out. Thanks!
|

replied May 9th, 2011
endometriosis and cysts
or a yr now i have been back and forth to the hospital and doctors there were treating me for IBS and i still was'nt feeling right we all know our body so i asked to have a scan done on my ovaries as the pain was always on the left side running into my hip the pain was awful the doctor told me i will send you but i can say there wont be anything wrong with them you were wrong doctor. today i had my scan and there found 2 cysts and a black mass which she thinks could be endometriosis . so i went back to my doctor and hit the roof with them i now go and see my gynaecologist on the 22 of june
|

replied May 30th, 2011
Hi, yes I know how you feel, I've had similar problems, I had a hysterectomy 8 years ago they left both ovaries, and i've been in lot of pain since, been back to different doctor's and had different scan's and been fobbed off by them until I had a ct scan in april this year, it showed 2 cysts on left ovary Im now seeing a gyno doctor on 1st june, I'm hoping they will take ovaries out now i've got these problems, good luck with your's
|
Must Read
What is endometriosis and where does it occur on a woman's body? We outline the basics of endometriosis here, a condition that can affect millions of women....
Endometriosis can cause infertility...but what are the reasons that a woman might experience this condition? And what puts you at higher risk for developing it?...
Early symptoms of endometriosis can seem normal. But when should you ask your doctor for help? We outline the problem signs and symptoms here....