Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

Cystic Lesion post lap hernia repair

I posted several months ago about changes in my BMs and pain. Well the BM issue seems to be better, but the pain is worse. I had gastric bypass in 2003, an open hernia repair in 2006 w/o mesh and a lap hernia repair w/mesh in Oct. 2007. I get a sharp stabbing pain to the left of my belly button. It's not constant. When I saw my surgeon in June I was not having pain that day so she wanted me to wait to have a CT when I was in pain. Well the past several weeks the pain has been more present, so I finally got a CT last Friday. The surgeon's office called today and said I need to come in tomorrow. I was at the hospital for another unrelated appt today and I asked the medical assistant to pull up my CT. The report said there was a cystic lesion and that a follow-up ultra sound was recommended? What does this mean? Cystic lesion where? just general abdomen....I know I'll find out more in the morning but my mind is in hyper mode right now.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 22nd, 2008
Update: I saw my surgeon and basically the pain is caused by excess weight I've put on since the hernia repair with mesh. She said the weight is putting pressure on the mesh causing the sutures to pull. The CT was fine. I asked her about the note that said ultrasound follow-up...her assistant mentioned it to me also...so I didn't have to admit I found out the results on my own. She said oh they just see the lesiion from your gallbladder removal, it's nothing and been there for awhile. WHEW...what a relief...and now I know why you're suppose to get test results from your doctor!!!
|
Did you find this post helpful?