Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Cyst on right kidney , heliocabacter polyri

User Profile
i started to become unwell 4 months ago and went to my gp with symptoms of bloating,pain in right of ribs round into my back,pain between shoulder blades and right shoulder bladeand weight loss of nearly a stone.i was also nauseas,sick on a few occasions and pain that was getting worse after eating.the gp discovered blood in my urine but no uti symptoms,water sample came back normal but full of blood.i was referred for an ultrasound scan where it was discovered i had quite a large cyst on my right kidney.then had a gastroscopy where i discovered that i had heliocobacter polyri.had antibiotics but pain continued.i then had an ivu scan,a cystoscopy,ct renal scan and a ct enteroclysis.i have just had the results from the 2 ct scans and they are normal.all my bloods have been normal though i continued having blood in my urine.i have been told to follow a low fat diet and take gabapentin.what could this be?.had painful irregular,heavy periods too.i am barely eating and have been on morphine

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 20th, 2010
Gallbladder Disease Answer A17915
Hi,
Welcome to the forum and I am really glad to help you out.

I can understand the pain and agony which you’re going through. In any patient who has got bleeding in urine, the first thing which needs to be done is to rule out a local cause of the bleeding (within the urinary tract).

As the 2 CT scans & cystoscopy which have been done are normal, the local cause seems less likely. Hence, a systemic cause needs to be looked into like a bleeding or a clotting disorder as you have also got irregular and heavy menstrual bleeding.

A complete bleeding and coagulation profile should be done and a hematologist consulted for the same. A CT scan of the chest needs to be done to look for the cause of chest pain. Please consult a chest physician for the same. I sincerely hope it helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gallbladder Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.