Medical Questions > Cancer > Leukemia Forum

CVID , exhaustion , weight loss

I know that people post these constantly... and I know that I could quite possibly be a bit paranoid. But someone please give me some input before I go insane.

My name is Megan and I'm 20 years old. I was diagnosed with CVID (Common Variable Immunodeficiency) when I was 13 and have been receiving igg blood infusions ever since. So health problems are relatively expected for me.
The past few months I have been extremely tired and it's gotten progressively worse. No matter how much sleep I get I feel exhausted, I sometimes sleep completely through my alarms, missing work and classes. I have days where my body aches terribly to a point where I feel like I have to carry myself around. I have a pretty intense cough that comes and goes. I started taking adderall in July and have lost 35 lbs since so obviously I attributed that to the adderall. But lately I've noticed that no matter how much I eat I don't gain any weight, in fact I just keep gradually losing it. My spleen is enlarged and my real concern began when I got a cluster of bruises on my legs, most likely from scratching which is not normal for me by any means. I have a sprinkle of tiny red dots on my chest and they also seem to appear on other parts of my body but it's consistent on my chest. My temperature has always been between 96.5 and 97.5 but now it is at least 99 every single day. I have now discovered a weird, painless lump on my lower back near my spine that you can move around.

I know that I'm just listing and listing, and believe me, I could keep going. I recently went to the doctor and he ordered a large amount of blood tests and I won't be seeing him again until Monday. I've been stressing out about this to a point where it's interfering with my school, which I'm already struggling with, due to my exhaustion/trouble concentrating.

I just have this aching feeling that leukemia is the cause. I would appreciate any form of insight, whether good or bad. Please.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 14th, 2009
Your platelet count should be checked to rule-out thrombocytopenia (low platelet count) and an abnormal white blood cell count. If these tests are abnormal, then referral to a hematologist would be indicated.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|

replied July 27th, 2018
How are you feeling now? I have been diagnosed with CVID also and infuse weekly subq at hone with GammaGard
|
Must Read
Click here for basic info on leukemia, including diagnostic types and how doctors classify this disease of blood forming tissues....
Is leukemia inherited? Read here for more info on what causes leukemia and what environment risk factors or triggers you might avoid....
Leukemia can affect many parts of the body, including the organs of the cardiovascular and digestive systems. But what are the major symptoms of leukemia?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Leukemia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.