User Profile
I am currently 17 years old I started self harming when I was 14. It started out as scratching my arms until they bled ... but this year it became much worse and I began to cut ... after the death of my friend in January.. since then I have been under huge amounts of pressure and stress as well as bullying at school... I am trying really hard to stop and my boyfriend it trying to help but I can’t I’m struggling and don’t know what to do ... I relapsed on the 11/09/17 after hearing the news that my other friend had passed away but nobody knows...
I also tend to stop eating ( I know it sounds bad) when I’m stressed or anxious but in 9 months I have lost 8 kg ... I now weigh 46 kg with a height of 1.75m worst of all my parents didn’t even notice .
I need help
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied February 26th, 2018
Hello and welcome to EHF !

I went through your query and i believe it is borderline personality disorder with major depression likely stressed by your school events and the demise of your beloved friends. Don't worry it's all part of life and it happens to any human being with such stresses. Try to counsel yourself that this is not your mistake and you should not be punished for it. We need a good psycho therapist and psychiatrist and compliant use of medications to get you out of it. Join a support group with borderline personality disorder and find others like you. It will help you recover quick.

Take care.
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Stress
Quick Reply
Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Self Injury , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.