Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

cured of chlamydia vaginally, cured it in my butt as well?

User Profile
During one of my sexual encounters, the guy I was with slipped up and stuck his penis in my butt by accident. I ended up becoming infected vaginally with chlamydia and I had tested positive for herpes 1. I don't know if he was the one that infected me, but would I have also gotten it in my butt then as well if he was infected? I took doxycline for 7 days, 2 times a day and cured myself of chlamydia vaginally. Would that have cured it in my butt as well if I had become infected there?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 9th, 2014
Sexually Transmitted Diseases Answer A48214
Hi,

Welcome to the forum and I am really glad to help you out.

Chlamydia is caused by bacteria that are usually spread through sexual contact. When someone get chlamydia infection in the rectum, the main symptoms are often discharge, pain, and bleeding from this area. Since you are not having any such symptoms,chances of Chlamydia infection of the rectum are very less.

The standard treatment of Chlamydia is either azithromycin or doxycycline which you have taken twice daily for 7 days. The antibiotic would have taken care of Chlamydia infection of the rectum as well if there was nay such infection.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexually Transmitted Diseases , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.