Hi, I'm 22yrs old and I was diagnosed with schizophrenia 3-4yrs ago. Since then, I've been living through hell - it can be a thrill (manic experience), but it's not reality based, so one usually wakes up to the hell of reality and to the realization of how one's been fooling one's self. Anyway, after getting diagnosed I was devastated and I began to learn as much as I could about this illness. Unfortunately, there isn't much and it's a symptom based illness without a cause. I know that experts think it's a genetic illness and it very well might be one for some people, but I'd bet that it isn't for a lot of other people, because, for one, a lot of people have found the cause of their schizophrenia-like symptoms, went through treatment, and are now living symptom-free.

So, I'm wondering, what are some types of diseases, infections, etc... That could result in schizophrenia-like symptoms, and what are some tests/treatments/cures for these. For instance, I think that I may have herpes simplex (undiagnosed) and I've read that this could become HSE (herpes simplex encephatitis) - which is a viral infection of the brain.

Thanks, I hope you can offer some much needed insight.

Kind regards,
Peter
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 31st, 2010
hi there
hi there ,
i know how u are feeling as i am a schizoprenic patient . its really alike a hell and i hate to have this disease . i only can sympathise with u . thats all ...
chow man good luck
|

replied November 4th, 2012
Keep Looking for Schizophrenia Cure
I would like to know the answer, also. I think more people sure try to figure other possible causes to Schizophrenia. Just because something can be linked to a gene doesn't mean a gene causes it.

Look at malaria, it can be blocked by sickle cell anemia a genetic condition. However, malaria though affected by genetics is not caused by genes: it is caused by a microorganism.
|

replied April 7th, 2013
There are all sorts of theories about a virus being the cause of schizophrenia. Or that two environmental triggers are required.
I have ignored the cause and instead concentrated on things that may help. Reduce stress, get sleep, exercise and improve diet. If you an also get the support of family also I think you are on the right track.
There is no cure for the common cold but people recover from it and so do people recover from Schizophrenia.
|
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....