Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

cunnilingus and bulimia and aids risk?

I am a bulimic and i throw up food a lot and i am working on this to stop it. yet i had unprotected oral sex (cunnilingus) with a sex worker on the same day i had thrown up and i had been throwing up the days before.

meaning there is a possibility that the stomach acid could have caused sores or rawness in the mouth and throat. i dont know

I know I have to wait 6 months to be sure and get tested.

but what do you think are the chances of a bulimic catching aids from cunnilingus?

thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 18th, 2008
Community Volunteer
I don't believe the chances are any greater for a bulimic. Actually, 3 months is long enough to wait to get tested. Good Luck.
|

replied July 18th, 2008
thanks

well I know that sores or lesions in the mouth and possibly throat could increase the risk.

i dont have any noticeable throat or mouth problems

but it was a bad week as far as my bulimia goes and i was throwing up a lot.

are u sure 3 months is long enough? I read it can take up to six months.

i get paranoid about these things
|

User Profile
replied July 18th, 2008
Community Volunteer
I understand...do it in 3, then go back for a 6 month just to cure your fear. I think that the HIV virus can not live when there is stomach acid ,etc. It dies in the air within seconds.
|

replied July 18th, 2008
ok but could vomiting cause sufficient irritation in the throat and mouth that an increased risk of infection is likely?
|

replied July 18th, 2008
are there places online to talk to experts on this?

would my regular doctor be someone to ask this?
|

User Profile
replied July 18th, 2008
Community Volunteer
Yes, your regular doc would be an excellent person to discus this with. There are docs on line here but you have to get to them early in the AM as they only are here for a hour or so and only accept a certain amount of questions a day.
|

replied July 19th, 2008
Supporter
I'm sorry homerx but did you just say 3 months is long enough to wait before getting tested?
|

replied July 21st, 2008
so an online doctor said that there is virtually no chance of gettingaids form cunnilingus even with the bulimia

i did have brief vaginal intercourse with a condom and he said he tohught i would be safe there too

even though at one point i got a little soft and had to harden up before continuing

i was worrying that at this point vaginal fluid could enter the condom

but he said this was unlikely

knowing my luck i will probably still get infected
|

replied July 22nd, 2008
well the doctor thinks i should be safe

neverhteless I am worried because I have had slight aches like muscle aches and have been tired.

he said I should start worrying if I have enlarged lymph nodes or a rash. No rash and I dont know how to tell if my lymph nodes are enlarged.... how does one tell?

I wonder if all the symptoms come together as part of a group package? Or if it ispossible to JUST experience the tiredness and aches as I have had.
|
Must Read
Bulimia is an eating disorder that affects people of all ages. But what are the characteristics of bulimia? And how do you know if you have it, or not?...
Bulimia is caused by social, emotional and psychological factors. But who is at risk of developing bulimia? And what factors make bulimia likely to develop?...
People with bulimia display a set of behavioral, emotional and physical signs. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of bulimia to help yourself or a loved one....