Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Cum too fast

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
User Profile
i have a problem with erections i cum as soom as i inter my wife it erection to fast am only 28 yr old and this started not to long a ago but it keeps on cum even faster the problem is affecting my marrage what can i do?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 3rd, 2010
Sexual Health - Men Answer A10385

Hi there. Thank you for posting your question into Ehealthforum. I think you are describing so-called premature ejaculation. It is difficult to understand how this seems to have suddenly started out of the blue as it were. This is a complex subject, all I can do here is a thumbnail sketch about treatments. You basically have three choices and you can use any one or a combination of all:
(1) The DIY approach. This includes masturbation some hours before intercourse. Prolonging foreplay before intercourse. More forceful intercourse to bring her to orgasm quickly. The wearing of several condoms to reduce sensitivity. The use of OTCs like anaesthesia gels to reduce sensitivity. Most of these things yield disappointing results
(2) Behavioural Therapy. These are best learned through Sex Therapy sessions where the female’s attitude to quick ejaculation can also be accessed. They involve stop/start techniques and learned behaviour designed to control ejaculation. These take time but an be very effective.
(3) Use of medications like the SSRI’s and certain decongestant. These can be very effective and perhaps only used for special occasions.

One way or the other you should discuss this with your doctor or have yourself referred to a Sex Councillor. I am really confident that you will get better. Sometimes also, these things may be just transient. I hope you found this a bit helpful. Good luck.

Andrew Rynne.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Men , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.