Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

cud be clinically depressed? i get so angry...

User Profile
Hi, I'm a 19 year old with a short temper. Normally I'm a very lively person, always smiling but in instances where things don't go as planned, i dont know what comes over me. i get so angry that i feel the need to do something aggressive at the moment to let it all out. For example, today my mom reprimanded me over such a petty issue as not letting her find some change to tip a worker. She went as far as cursing me with a life full of unhappiness. Yes she literally did. She's always been like this. And I've always locked myself in my room and kept hitting my head against the wall. I did the same today. I kept hitting until it hurt a lot and shouted abuse at mom. But my problem is not just this. for a long time now i've been very lonely. i was in love with a guy who never loved me back. i dont have a sibling to talk to, i cant meet my best friend for 4 months now. because of this, i cry every night to bed. i dont know why i suddenly feel so sad. do u think i cud be clinically depressed

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied November 24th, 2014
General Q and A Answer A50213
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

At 19 years of age one hasn't even realized what life is truly all about. The hardships of your fellow human beings and showing compassion to them is a great way of diverting attention focus from yourself and giving the constant stream of thought a bit of rest. You have your life ahead, try to give it meaning and be willing to contribute, the more you contribute, the more useful you become and the more self respect you gain. Consult a psychiatrist if the situation persists

wishing you best of health

thanks

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.