User Profile
Is the CT scan harmul to the body in any way? If yes, why do doctors prescribe it so often. Is the Magnetic Resonance Image (MRI) free from all sorts of harmful effect?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 16th, 2009
Supporter
hi there ive had 2 mri scans done over 3 yrs and due a third very soon..ive had no side affect from any i have had done..they can bit daunting if yout clostriphobic bur they speak to you through headphones and you can listen to music while scan being done..
c t scan ive not had done so not sure of the risks if there are any but also scheduled to have one before my spinal surgery on september 1st..im sure if any risks with ct scan they shall be minimal but once ive been through it i,ll let you know...
maybe someone else here has had a ct and can answer for you also..
hope the info helps you.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Thanks for the reply. Even I think MRI scan is reasonably safer as compared to CT Scan. I have heard 1 out of every two thousand patients runs the risk of getting cancer because of radiation in the CT scan. Now that's a high percentage because cancer is no joke.
|

User Profile
Supporter
i see my own doctor on thursday so shall ask him about the risks as like you never had one and don,t exactly know the full risks of a c.t scan..however on reading about ct scans ( computer tomography) it has been known to minimise the amount of radiation exposure..its revolutionised since 1972 so any radiation levels over the yrs are really small and whole scan itself is quick and very accurrate and also detects abnormalities never seen on normal x-rays.
|

replied November 7th, 2009
There is a website which explains about CT scan and MRI, take a look at www.heart-attacksymptoms.com
|
Users who thank noel009 for this post: Apple73 
Quick Reply