Medical Questions > Cancer > Lung Cancer Forum

Ct of chest, soft tissue mass

Must Read
Start here for facts about lung cancer. We help you understand lung anatomy and outline the different types of lung cancer that doctors diagnose....
Doctors know that smoking tobacco damages the lungs. But does smoking cause lung cancer? And are smoker more at risk of lung cancer than non-smokers? More here....
Early lung cancer symptoms can be difficult to spot. Learn how to identify signs and symptoms and know when to seek medical help for lung cancer here....
User Profile
I received this ct report from the dr asking if there is any mass tumor or cancer he replays no no indication of that but when I get the written report this is what it says
Cut of chest was performed using high resolution tech and reformatted in coronal Sagittarius views. There is thickening of the bronchial walls and early bronchiectatic changes in the lung bases no evidence of infiltrates or effusion there is some fullness on the right hilar area a soft tissue mass would be difficult to exclude with out if contrast this could also represent stele tasks no evidence of hilar or mediastinal lymphadenopathy seen the trachea esophagus and bronchi are patent the heart and pericardial are within normal limits the main pulmonary artery and aorta are normal the visualized proximal abdominal organs appear to be grossly normal

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 16th, 2016
Cancers Answer A58007
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. The CT report is normal. There are many benign reasons for hilar lymphadenopathy. So no worries. Talk to a pulmonologist and let thems ooth your worries.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lung Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.