Hi everyone,

I got this medical report back for a family member overseas and the doctor just informed me that their life span is very short, only a few months left estimated. I am distressed and cannot make sense of the report I got back. I would really appreciate it anyone can read it over and try to explain the gist of it.

I typed up most of the report:

"Heterogeneously enhancing soft tissue density mass approx. measuring 53 mm by 46 mm by 60 mm with internal cystic and necrotic components involving the head and body of pancreas with encasement of splenic vessels associated with pancreatic duct dilation.

Multiple non enhancing hypodense lesions of variable sizes in both lobes of liver, largest one measuring 23 mm x 21 mm in right lobe. Multiple variable sized upper abdominal lymph nodes seen.

Multiple calculi seen in gall bladder with no pericholecystic fluid/edema.

Bilateral simple renal cysts are seen.

Anterior abdominal wall defect seen in right inguinal region containing omentum and gut loops.

Prostrate is enlarged measuring 5.2 x 5.7 x 5.7 cm with median lobe projecting into the base of urinary bladder.

IMPRESSION:

Mass head of body and pancreas with encasement of splenic vessels with metastatic deposits in the liver abdominal lymphadenopathy.

Cholelithiasis with no pericholecsytic fluid.

Right inguinal hernia containing omentum and gut loops.

Enlarged prostrate."

Thank you for taking the time to read this, I apologize for the long post.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Gastritis is a general term for stomach disorder. Learn more about types of gastritis, and the anatomy of the stomach in this basic intro to gastritis....
Gastritis occurs when the stomach lining becomes irritated and inflamed. But what can cause this medical condition? Are you at risk of this stomach disorder?...
Gastritis, or stomach inflammation, can be either acute or chronic. Learn how to tell the difference and know when to seek medical help by reading here....