Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Medical Marijuana Debate Forum

Crohn's Disease and medical marijuana

Should Medicinal Cannabis be legal in all 50 states?
Yes
no
Im not sure.
100%  100%  [ 2 ]
0%  0%  [ 0 ]
0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2
User Profile
I am an 18 year old Crohn's patient, throughout my life i was told i was either lactose intolerant or suffered from an "anxiety problem" when I was about 6. I wasn't diagnosed with Crohns until I was in my freshman year of highschool. In my sophmore year i started smoking Cannabis not knowing it would help me. over a couple of months I started realizing I hadn't had any flare ups or an abnormal amount of bowel movements in the day, I started doing research and found out it was a legitimate treatment for Crohns but not in my state. I find it ridiculous that I can get prosecuted for something that helps me stay healthy. there is a new bill in Idaho that is pushing for legalization of Medicinal and if you are in Idaho reading this please when the time comes do your part.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 21st, 2008
Community Volunteer
RIGHT ON!!
A good friend of mine has Crones and I have AIDS and we NEED LEGAL medical Marijuana!!! I live in Texas so the hope of that here are zero so i am a criminal in the eyes of the law if I get caught even though it has helped save my life,it has given me quality of life and helped me eat,sleep and keep from throwing up and having stomach cramps!
|

User Profile
replied October 21st, 2008
Community Volunteer
|
Must Read
Crohn's Disease is a chronic disorder that affects digestion. But what is Crohns and how does it affect the body?...
What causes Crohn's disease? Does it run in families (yes)? And how can YOU avoid the risk factors of Crohn's?...
Can you identify symptoms of Crohn's Disease? Learn more about the range of symptoms from mild to severe in this section on Crohn's symptoms here. ...