Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Crohn Disease Forum

crohn or other inflammation disease?

User Profile
Hello, im a 22 year old who last year was diagnose with the CMV virus. since then i have suffered from pain and contraction in my stomach. after a few months i stops eating dairy thinking maybe im lactose Intolerance and i felt almost immediately an improvement. but every couple of months i had a two to three weeks of hard pain in my stomach every time i ate and followed with diarrhea. the diarrhea isn't bad or has blood in it but the pain in the stomach is the big issue. my doctor have sent me to do some tests because now again im at pain when i eat and have bowl movement more then 3 times a day. one of the symptoms is i have a mid fever (37.1-37.6) every day and i dont have a flu or something.
the test for ESR came back at 28 and the CRP 0.54 in a scale of 0.10-0.50
the stool came back negative for Enteropathogenic.
is there a chance i have crohn or other inflammation disease?
all this time i haven't lost any significant weight.
thank you in advance!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 31st, 2016
(online)
Crohn Disease Answer A56569
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. CMV is not bothersome and not connected here. Its more like an irritable bowel syndrome symptoms than some crohn;s or UC suspicion. All you need is treat symptoms and modify diet and lifestyle.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Diarrhea, Flu
Quick Reply
Must Read
Crohn's Disease is a chronic disorder that affects digestion. But what is Crohns and how does it affect the body?...
What causes Crohn's disease? Does it run in families (yes)? And how can YOU avoid the risk factors of Crohn's?...
Can you identify symptoms of Crohn's Disease? Learn more about the range of symptoms from mild to severe in this section on Crohn's symptoms here. ...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Crohn Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.