I consider myself pretty healthy for the most part. I recently went to see my doctor for conjunctivitis and contact dermatitis around my eyes, which was pretty bad. I was given antibiotic eye drops for the pinkeye and a steroid cream for the dermatitis. At my request I had a blood test done, to see if I had an under active thyroid. My doctor decided to have my blood tested for other things as well. My creatinine level came back slightly abnormal. Now she would like to do the test again, in three months. What would cause a slightly high reading and what can I do to get a normal reading the next time? Of all things, I would've never thought my creatinine would show up abnormal. TIA for any feedback. rainbow

~KD
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 6th, 2009
Abnormally high levels of serum creatinine could be an indication that the kidneys are not working properly. Do you recall whether your BUN was normal or not? and whether they did a calculation of eGFR? Also it maybe useful to have a simple urinanalysis done to see if your are spilling protein (proteinuria) and blood (hematuria) -- these are also signs that something is going on with your kidneys. Good luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...