i was using creatine for a short time, it was about a month. about a week or 2 weeks later, after i had stopped using it and working out all together i got kidney stones. some research and common sense says that it was the creatine that helped with or caused the kidney stones. i know it may be a stupid question but should i use creatine again? or should i just stay away and go natural? the kidney stones sucked and was probably the worst pain ever lol but i just want a second opinion. i don't know if it's like an allergic reaction of some kind like a bee sting or if it was a one time thing.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Users who thank ylcn168 for this post: dcjr 

User Profile
replied January 27th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Although, Creatine is considered as the effective and safe supplement in the market, there are few side effects when used.
Developing kidney stones is one of them.
Kidney damage, bleeding and infection are complications of kidney stones.
|

replied April 23rd, 2009
ylcn168 question what happened after they found the stones?
I'm going through the same thing right now and need some advise. I've stopped taken the Creatine, but am in pain for about 1 & 1/2 week. I've gone to several doctors but they just gave me some antibiotics....
|
Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...