Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

Crazy neghibor with schizophrenia

I recently read a post regarding living with a neighbor who is mentally crazy. Ok I have all of the compassion in the world for any handicap and or disability. My younger sister had both. How ever in most cases I blame the family for dumping their "loved one" to be total strangers problem. Shame on them. However I live in a town house and the aforementioned lives below me. Im 50 yrs old and he is 49. His family lives less then 5 mins away and never ever visits him. He has money from a inheritance and i guess disability. Idk but he has a brand new mustang. He is banned from all of our local businesses for harassing the emplyees. My problem with the situation is this. I lived on the lower level 1st when tye 2nd larger level opened up. I moved up. With out warning my landlord let this man move in. He non stop talks and argues and screams at people that r not there. It is very disturbing late at night when im home alone and hes cursing and saying nasty stuff. Its down right scarry. He has called the police 4 times on me saying i shot him and of course they come full force with finw drawn only to find out he iw accusing me of shooting lasers through rhe floors? Im afraid if i ever really need the police they wont come to our address in a hurry. He once called them. And said bob was running around the yards with a gun. Who is bob the cops asked and he said side show bob.from the Simpsons actually a character from the Simpsons.
Heres my beef i work hard i pay my taxes i raised 4 great children. How and why is he allowed to behave and act this way when did it become acceptable for my grandchildren spending the night to have to hear him screaming f...this f...that ????? This is not ok.
Do I have any legal course of action?
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 23rd, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Yes,keeping in view his illness and the way he is disturbing you,you can file a case against him and his family.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Mental Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.