Hi - I just turned 40 years old and told myself that when I did turn 40 I would get serious about taking care of myself. I'm 5'8" weigh 220 moderately exercise and have high blood pressure. I have had panic disorder since I was a kid and the majority of my "panic" has to due with health and going to the doctor. I recently decided ok suck it up and go to the doctor to get a physical - I was soooooo worked up for days prior and when they went to do my bp it was like 180/110 CRAZY I know - the doctor tried not to look panicked (or maybe that was how I was taking it) gave me a Diovan 120mg right than and there and put me on it and a check up to follow 10 days later - well now it's been 5 weeks because I'm a nervous loon (i go see her on Thursday) and cancelled the appt - been checking my bp at home and the lowest I've seen it go is only 145/72 and a relaxed state. But remember every time I even "think" about taking my BP I can work myself up in minutes of just walking to the "CUFF". I have been having a wee bit of dizzy spells (just one other time had this when I was in my 20's and never diagnosed for it) when I lay my head down or stand to quickly i get a surge or WHOOOSSHHHH - my left ear has been hurting off and on for about a week so I'm hoping it's just something like that. I take 1 tablet in the a.m. and was given Bistolic to take at night (I haven't taken that one because I was scared of the side effects. I've been taking ZUMBA classes (doctor said it's ok and trying to lose weight to no avail - HELP with any kind words you might have
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 4th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....