Must Read
We burp, belch and fart an average of 12 times a day. But why do we have gas? And what is intestinal gas?...the basics here....
Intestinal gas forms from two main sources - swallowed air and bacteria in the intestine. Plus, learn which factors to avoid to decrease the likelihood of gas....
How much gas is normal? Usually symptoms of gas and flatulence are more bothersome than serious. But learn when you should seek help for excessive gas here....
User Profile
I'm 35 years old with 1 child. After having an orgasm, I experience what feels like excruciating and intense cramping pain in my lower left ovary or fallopian tube, I can't tell where it is but the pain is around that area and buckles me down, I cry. It lasts for about 5-8 minutes then subsides. I have had a sonogram done and my OB/GYN found a small cyst but said it couldn't be causing the pain or cause problems.
I also haven't been able to become pregnant in over 10 years. When I have my menses, my flow is very heavy and are followed with very large blood clots about 2 in in length and 1 in width. I cannot go anywhere on those days because the clots pass every 10-15 minutes and I soak my pad.
Please help give me an idea on what this could possibly be.

Thank you!

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile

User Profile
replied October 14th, 2009
Ovulation and Ovaries Answer A7535
Welcome to the forum!
Various causes of pain after intercourse are UTI and vaginal infection or vaginitis, a tight vaginal wall, sores at the mouth of vagina or vestibulitis, vulvodynia or a dry vagina, pelvic inflammatory disease, endometriosis, irritable bowel syndrome, pelvic tumors, cervical and uterine infections and tumors.
Since you had a sonogram, uterine fibroids are ruled out. You could however be having endometriosis which is causing heavy bleeding with clots and the inability to conceive again.You can discuss these possibilities with your gynecologist as on net and without examining it is difficult to give a confirmed opinion. A PAP smear and a STD panel must be done too. Hope this helps. Take care!

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Ovulation and Ovaries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.