Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

cramping on & off & seen some slight bleeding.

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
im rebecca, im 31 & for the last month i have been taking a pregnancy supplement (Elevit) as trying to get pregnant. since taking the Elevit i have been having strong food cravings.
i had a piarod that went for only 3 days. i have had a blood test (HCG) my doctor said she could not tell me wether or not i am pregnant so im to have anther blood test (HCG).
now i have have been having cramping on & off & seen some slight bleeding.
iv been told that because of the bleeding i should see a doctor but i cant get to one.
im feeling up set & confused as to what could be rong etc.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied February 3rd, 2012
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A31128
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The symptoms of food cravings, shorter/lighter periods could suggest pregnancy possibility. If pregnancy has been confirmed, go ahead with getting serial HCG levels estimated. Doubling up of the hormone levels in 48-72 hours will show that pregnancy is going on smoothly. If levels are not adequate, then external hormonal supplements would be considered to be started to help you in preventing miscarriage/threatened abortion. Visit your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for further evaluation and assistance. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Take adequate rest. Drink plenty of water. Maintain healthy diet.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.