Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

cramping and feeling nausea and tired with slight bleeding?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
My period was due on the 20th. On the 21 I had slight bleeding, only noticeable when i wiped and after the first time There was no more bleeding. On the 22 i had brown discharge, and on the 23 i had slight bleeding again which was only when i wiped once. since then I've been cramping and feeling nausea and tired( I am getting over a sore throat so i'm not sure if that has anything to do with it) I haven't bleed or had brown discharge since the 23. Now it is just creamy white discharge. I was wondering what all the causes could possible be.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 28th, 2011
Menstruation Answer A27194
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Shorter and lighter periods are usually associated with pregnancy (especially if you are sexually active and not on any form of birth control measures). The brown spotting/discharge could be suggestive of possibility of pregnancy, infective causes, ovarian cysts etc. The symptoms (light period, brown discharge, abdominal cramps, nausea, tiredness, increased vaginal discharge) could also be suggestive of possibility of pregnancy. Consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist for further evaluation and assistance. If pregnancy is suspected, go ahead with examination (to confirm pregnancy related changes/signs in body) and blood/serum HCG level test (to confirm/rule out pregnancy accurately). If pregnancy gets ruled out, further investigations like hormonal & blood work-up, vaginal swab/smear test, PAP test, and ultrasound scan might be needed to look for underlying cause. Treatment as appropriate would be started to help you based on examination findings and investigation results.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.